The department, ASTT, is actively involved in a variety of research projects. The main research focuses on various technological developments in the field of translation and interpreting studies as well as on their impact on translation processes:
- Machine translation
- Technical communication and translation
- Quality and risk management in translation
- Usability engineering of translation technology
- Historical linguistics and language policy
- and many more
The department’s staff members publish research articles as well as a multitude of theses regarding those topics.
Staff members of ASTT attend relevant events and conferences on the topics mentioned above.
The department is partly involved in two research projects:
- Project about linguistically intelligent software systems for language and translation didactics (LISST/LISTiG) promoted by the German-Polish Science Foundation (DPWS) in cooperation with the University of Warsaw, Poland, and the Society for the Promotion of Applied Information Sciences (IAI) in Saarbrücken
- Project "TIGES T&I Graduate Employability Strategies in the 21st Century (TIGES 21)", CIUTI working group; in cooperation with the Zurich University of Applied Sciences, Switzerland, and the Monash University in Melbourne, Australia